Thursday, April 7, 2011

Just a little something I found...

So, I found this recently. I wrote it about a year ago I think...It's me. In a nutshell. A wordy nutshell.

To travel far and far away
Has longtime been my dream

To see the lights in yonder skies
And bask in foreign moonlight's gleam.

To run through verdant pastures in
A land awash in colors bright

To step into the ocean and feel
it's pull and never-ceasing might.

To feel the sun, warm and quickening
On some forgotten sand-filled shore,

And fall in love in a cafe where
hundreds have done the same before.

To feel the rush of wind
Against my face turned to the storm.

And walk in paths that, through the years,
Sojourner's weary feet have formed.

To live, and see, and not just know,
That surely is my heart.

Yet dreaming will not take me there
And so I must depart.

2 comments:

  1. Alright, Emily. This just became one of my favorite blogs! I had no idea you were so talented! You are for sure SINGULAR!! You are so talented. Keep them coming! I can't get enough! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your new blog, Emily. Let me introduce myself...I was your Aunt Lynn's best friend in high school and was the person who stopped by the table at Cracker Barrel this past Sunday ; )
    I love creative writing and will enjoy visiting your blog...count me as one of your new followers!

    ReplyDelete